1st of its Kind. We are a unique National charity which provides emotional and physical support via trained and insured volunteers, to parents at home and in hospital with babies and children under the age of 5 diagnosed with Heart Defects (CHD) or feeding difficulties. Officially supported by Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust - Cardiac and Gastroenterology Departments who help to deliver training to our volunteers.
Associated with these cardiac conditions are feeding difficulties. The feeding difficulty can become the centre of attention for any baby or child and can cause failure to thrive. We know first hand how parents feel the strain of having a baby or child that cannot feed and from this we would like to offer other parents support in the form of care and support at home and in hospital.
As part of the comprehensive support, we can offer
- A friendly face to chat to;
- Someone to help with day to day routines, feeding, bathing, changing, dressing etc
- Someone to watch your child at their hospital bed side whilst you go back to parent accommodation to get a meal or meet a friend or play with siblings.
- Someone to be capable of looking after your child while you have a sleep because you were up all through the night!
- *** NEW for 2014*** Accompanying and supporting parents with their children to medical appointments, clinics, baby play groups and on walks out to the park etc.
- Signposting service to further support within the NHS and Care system.
Lagan's Foundation are Care Quality Commission Regulated and a Disclosure and Barring Service Umbrella Body.
EVENTS COMING UP
|Date||Event||Go to the Page|
|27th April 2014||Lagan's Remembrance Cycle Challenge|
|4th May 2014||
Lagan's FOundation FUN DAY , Car Boot and Fun Dog Show
|CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS and ENTRY|
|11th May 2014||LIVERPOOL Jungle Club - Time for Ted|
|18th May 2014||MANCHESTER Jungle Club - With Sensorial|
|8th June 2014||LIVERPOOL Jungle Club|
|15th June 2014||MANCHESTER Jungle Club|
|11th July 2014||Volunteer Training (Alder Hey Children's Hospital)|
|13th July 2014||LIVERPOOL Jungle Club|
|20th July 2014||MANCHESTER Jungle Club - Birthday Party|
|21st September||MANCHESTER Jungle Club|
|10th October 2014||Volunteer Training (Alder Hey Children's Hospital)|
|19th October 2014||MANCHESTER Jungle Club|
|23rd November 2014||MANCHESTER Jungle Club|
|22nd November 2014||Hollywood to Bollywood Family Winter Ball|
|21st December 2014||MANCHESTER Jungle Club - Xmas Party|